Youth Development Officer - Minnesota Youth Rugby
Contract Position (No benefits)
Will not be able to help international applicants
Job Title: Youth Development Officer
Reports To: Minnesota Youth Rugby Board of Directors Direct Supervisor: Minnesota Youth Rugby board
Description: The Minnesota Youth Rugby (MYR) Youth Development Officer is responsible for growing all aspects of youth and high school rugby throughout the creation and implementation of a state development plan. This position will work closely in support of Minnesota Youth Rugby’s Strategic Plan and USA Rugby Youth and High School Department Staff’s development initiatives. This position’s aim is to provide opportunities for rugby participation for youth and high school programs throughout the state through events and programs.
Job Activities: The major areas of responsibility for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Rookie Rugby - Develop strategic plan for Rookie Rugby implementation and programming in schools and community organizations and maximize program opportunities by partnering/collaborating with other youth development organizations. - Oversee all operations of the Rookie Rugby programs, including recruiting, training, observing, evaluating, and managing and supporting all Rookie Rugby coaches and volunteers to ensure effective program delivery. - Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with children, parents, volunteers, coaches, administrators, supervisors, and community members.
- Youth Rugby Camps/Clinics/Leagues - Develop strategic plan for youth rugby implementation. - Work with communities, schools, existing High School Rugby programs and parents to implement programs.
- Middle School League - work with targeted areas on developing middle school teams and planning a competition for spring/summer.
- High School Rugby Development - Develop and implement regional strategic growth plans for Girls and Boys High School rugby. - Recruit new resources to high school rugby, including coaches, referees and volunteers Minnesota Youth Rugby Duties -
- Work with USA Rugby to develop measurable and performance objectives. - Assisting with funds for development for educational programs and youth programs. - Recognize and expand revenue generation from programs.
- High School Leagues - work with current teams on scheduling of games, officials and trainers for league and friendly games. Planning end of the season (s) events for both 15’s and 7’s
- Help teams with registration for players and coaches
- Help with fundraising throughout the year
- Assist MYR board staff with All-Star programs
- Work with all aspects of communication needed including existing and new social media accounts
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- A 4 -year college degree (or currently working towards),
- Experience with rugby in Minnesota
- Leadership and management experience in youth sports.
- First Aid and CPR certifications (preferred).
- Ability to articulate a vision about preparing youth for the future through sport to partners, funders and the community.
- Skills and energies to build a team and lead effective staff development and training.
- Relationship management skills and experience in fostering a team approach to youth development and creating collaboration among partner organizations in youth development.
- Excellent project management and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for diverse audiences.
- A passion for the development of non-profit youth development programs.
Start date preferably early January 2022 or sooner. Could start PT and work towards full-time depending on schedule. Could also have other PT job but must have flexible availability.
Application deadline: November, 15thTo apply, please email your cover letter, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org For questions regarding this position, please contact Megan Braun: 763.607.6824